Twins Inc

Admittedly I may be a little behind, seeing as the Olsen twins' 'Influence' was first published in 2008, but I have just purchased the hard back and am absolutely smitten. As you may be aware of by now, I'm quite a big fan of the Olsen's to say the least. This publication, although not solely focused on the duo, presents interviews with the twin's favorite and most inspirational designers, including Karl Lagerfeld, Diane von Furstenberg and Christian Louboutin. Very much a coffee table book, the photography and editorials are in my opinion, absolutely superb. I was very pleased to spot some photographs of the twins I had not previously seen before (a rarity in my case!), as well as old style Polaroids capturing their moments with celebrity friends. The book denotes how the Olsen's are inspired, the journey to find 'the perfect t-shirt', with their high end brand The Row, and simply photo shoots they like the look of. It is not solely about them as celebrities as such, but more as designers, for which they now like to be known, and so whether you are a fan of fashion or the twins, I would recommend this book. Enjoy the photographs.









To my delight, the Olsen's also graced the covers of Elle UK this month, a cover for Mary-Kate and a cover for Ashley. Although I would have preferred the cover to grace both of the twins (I bought both covers anyway), the photo shoot was no doubt impeccable styled. The duo were draped in Prada coats and gowns, bejeweled with Swarovski crystals, with the classic Olsen smoky eye. And the article itself didn't disappoint either, an in depth and somewhat personal interview with twins, depicting their twin relationship, their style and their challenges and successes faced in the fashion industry. Ashley revealed if she did go back to Hollywood, 'it's not going to be as an actress'. Her focus, for now, is very much on designing and being behind the camera. Mary-Kate, always the quieter twin when it comes to interviews, did not reveal as much, though she has endeavored in many films without her sister, and I suspect will continue to do so. The twins ended the interview describing their want for fashion success. 'The Phoebe Philo kind of modesty is the way to go'- Mary-Kate says. If they continue down the route they are taking, I have no doubt this is what they will achieve.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers